Meg, Rach, and I stopped in to see mom today. Tom was right. She really does look a million times better. She was sitting up in a chair and eating breakfast (which Krista is still not allowed to have...that's probably why they kept them 8 floors apart.) She was in great spirits and talking lots. Moving from the bed to the chair was tough for her, although that was to be expected. The nurse said that she was really doing well. (Funny nurse story: When the nurse walked in, mom's eyes lit up and she said, "Oh Anne, I wanted you to meet this nurse. Look at her name. Isn't it pretty?" In other words...Anne, this could be a potential name for baby girl Hartberg.)
Krista is back to the old Krista. Her sense of humor is in full gear. Her doctor just came in and said that she can start eating (but she shouldn't eat or drink like she is at a frat party...she needs to be prudent.) He told her that she probably will be able to leave either tonight or tomorrow, but most likely tomorrow.
All of the doctors and nurses have been truly impressive. They are so personable and friendly and welcoming to family. They answer questions without making you feel like you have annoyed them. It's wonderful.
1 comment:
What good news about both Krista and Judy. I'm off to Lauren's shower. I'll share the good news!
Post a Comment