Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books

Monday, June 8, 2009

Transplant Day 4-Krista's Out of Here/More Thanks!



One down, one to go. Krista left with dad at about 11:15. They are heading back to Eagle River. My amount of exercise will be seriously reduced now that I don't have to walk between Krista and mom's room. Guess I should stop going to Leon's for my nighttime custard now.

Dad will be with Krista until Wednesday, so he will be able to help her get around for awhile. She is not allowed to drive for two weeks or lift anything heavier than a milk jug for three weeks. I think she's a little nervous about how she's going to manage that with three kids. I know that her kids are a great help. Too bad Noah's not 16 and in possession of a driver's license.

Mom is doing well. Her creatinine level is 1.1. Her doctor joked that her level may be lower than his. She is trying to talk me into leaving now that she is doing so well. She's such a mom...worried that I'm getting too tired and how that affects the baby. We'll see how today goes. I can't cancel my hotel room for tonight at this point. If anything, it's not that I'm tired, but bored. You know how sitting around makes you seem tired or sluggish? That's where I am. Amazing how in May when we had Michael's graduation, Drew's confirmation, report cards, and IEP deadlines I would have loved to sit around and do nothing. Grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

Mom forgot to say thank you to her son-in-laws for taking care of the the grandchildren in her daughters' absence. She also would like to thank Rita's parents for taking care of the girls while Rita and Tom were here.

Hmmm...there's really not much else to say. We like it that way, although it does not make for great writing material. I'm okay with that.

I'll post again later, although don't expect anything exciting. :)

1 comment:

chartberg said...

So glad to hear everyone is doing well and getting better so fast! Know that we're still thinking of and praying for all of you! If you need anything in these last couple of days of being in Milwaukee, we're only a hop-skip-and-jump away...we'd love to help however we can! Love to you all!

Family and Friends Slide Show