Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books

Friday, June 5, 2009

Tom Allowed to See Krista

Tom just left to visit Krista in recovery. We tried to get him to take the camera in, but he declined. Oh well! Guess you won't have pictures of Krista in recovery...at least until her sisters get there.

I'll post when he gets back to let you know the details of his visit.

Oh...one more thing...Tom and Rita talked with mom's surgeon earlier this morning and he said that they do not remove mom's two kidneys. She gets to keep them PLUS get a new one from Krista. I guess eventually her two kidneys just stop functioning. Apparently they may not even see mom's original kidneys during the surgery.

Last night we were talking about Krista giving her left kidney and how it would be placed on mom's right side. Megan said they were doing this so that Krista's kidney didn't get confused. Those of you who know Krista well know that she has very little sense of direction (she has tons of strengths, but getting from one place to another without getting lost is not one of them. Her theme song is "I'm Not Lost, I Am Exploring by Jana Stanfield.) If she is supposed to turn left, her intuition inevitably makes her turn right. So the left kidney going to mom's right side seems totally appropriate.


Lyrics to I'm Not Lost

I’M NOT LOST, I AM EXPLORING
Written by JANA STANFIELD and JERRY KIMBROUGH


IF I COULD LOOK DOWN ON THIS PATH I WALK
FROM SOMEWHERE WAY UP HIGH
I COULD SEE THE CROOKED ROAD THAT I HAVE COME
I WALKED A MILE WITH SORROW
I WALKED A MILE WITH JOY
AND NOW I’M LESS AFRAID OF EITHER ONE
FOR EVERY TEAR I’VE CRIED
THERE’S A SMILE THAT I HAVE EARNED
FOR EVERY MILE I WALK THERE’S A LESSON I LEARN


CHORUS:
I’M NOT LOST, I AM EXPLORING
LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE WORTH ENJOYING
THOUGH I MAY NOT KNOW WHERE I’M GOING
I AM NOT LOST, I AM EXPLORING
I AM NOT LOST, I AM EXPLORING


SOME PEOPLE TO CHOOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES
ON QUIET AVENUES
WHILE OTHERS FIND A PLACE IN THE PARADE
SOME LIKE ME ARE SEEKERS
WE TAKE LESS TRAVELED ROADS
BELIEVING WE CAN FIND A BETTER WAY
AND THOUGH I GET DISCOURAGED
I WON’T BE TURNING BACK
I HAVE JOY AS MY COMPASS AND FAITH AS MY MAP


REPEAT CHORUS


ALL OF US ARE HEADED FOR THE SAME DESTINATION
SO WHY NOT BLAZE A TRAVEL THAT’S GOT IMAGINATION

No comments:

Family and Friends Slide Show