Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books

Friday, June 20, 2008

5-1-1+2-2+1=Who Knows? I Do, but Only if I Have My Calendar

Morgan eating fresh strawberries from our garden.


Taylor playing baseball in the pool.


Rachel takes a break from playing baseball with Taylor.


If walls could talk, ours would be saying, "What the heck? Where is everyone, and who are these new people?"

Five Hartbergs - Drew - David + Taylor and Morgan - Michael - Rachel + Drew = Lots of confusion

Drew is still at Dorian Music camp. David is in eastern Wisconsin golfing his heart out. My nieces, Taylor and Morgan, are spending two weeks with us. Michael leaves tomorrow for an overnight team basketball camp for Crestwood's Varsity players. Rachel leaves for a softball tournament in Charles City, but we get Drew back from music camp. (Note: I think we're getting Drew back. I still have not heard from him. I no longer check emails 100 times a day, and my Drew sensor seems to be malfunctioning. I think having two kids 2 1/2 and under in the house may have something to do with that.)

I'll pick Drew up tomorrow after the Dorian Grand Concert. It is in the Center for Faith and Life at Luther. I know he was thrilled to rehearse there, so I'm sure he is looking forward to performing in the CFL tomorrow.

Other happenings: Michael had his senior pics taken today. We are hoping that we'll get the proofs before we leave for Wisconsin. I'm glad I had the little girls with me because I was getting a little teary, and I'm afraid I may have broken into full sob if I wouldn't have been distracted. It was the first of the "senior year" milestones.

He had several poses:

  • khaki pants and a dress shirt,
  • shorts and a polo,
  • football, basketball, hockey, and golf jerseys and equipment from both Ironwood and Crestwood,
  • hockey jersey with his skates on (I thought he was going to cry as he put his skates on. It's been over a year since he's worn them),
  • Badger t-shirt, his badger hat on (backward), and jeans,
  • outdoor pictures in jeans and a white henley

As I was ironing all of the clothes that Michael wore today, I was thinking that it was the one thing that I should have had David do before he left for his golf weekend. I'm truly glad David is out with friends and enjoying himself. I love that he has an opportunity to get away and let down his hair. However, I'm terrible at ironing (so terrible that every week I bring David's clothes to the dry cleaner's to be laundered and ironed...it's my annual Valentine's Day present to him) so I was cursing his name as I struggled to neatly iron the outfits. I was cursing myself too for not thinking ahead and bringing them all to the dry cleaners. I will remember this for Drew and Rachel though. It's all a learning experience!

Rachel had a softball game today. She had her debut as a catcher, which made her nervous. She did a great job. It was a position she didn't want to play, so I was proud of her for meeting the challenge head on. They had a big win. Hopefully it will warm them up for tomorrow's tournament.

It's crazy, but it's summer, and I could care less what we have going on as long as it's warm.

Until next time,

anne

After thought: As I finished typing this, it started to rain. Since my personal weatherman is out of town on some golf course, I have no idea if it was forecasted or not. However, I was looking out at my terribly dry garden today wondering if I should water it or not, and said a little prayer for rain. Then took my prayer back, because I am now afraid to ask for rain. (One of those, "Be careful what you wish for things.") I figured it wouldn't kill me to get the hose out tomorrow morning and water it myself. Well, I guess I need not worry. The rain was short lived. It's already gone. My plants are happy, I'm happy, and so is my basement. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Family and Friends Slide Show