




Allie and I drove to Minneapolis yesterday to spend time with Chris and Sue, friends of mine from Sleepy Eye. We met at Crave* in the Galleria. Sue and I had the Roasted Chicken & Penne which had roasted red pepper, kalamata, Donnay Farms goat cheese and organic basil. Chris had delicious Sushi--I know it was delicious because I tried some.
The conversation was both funny and serious. Sue and I hadn't seen one another for four years, although you never would have known by how easy it was for all of us to talk. Chris and I saw one another in late summer when we met for lunch at Chester's in Rochester. It is amazing how both of our lives have taken a complete turn since that lunch in August. We knew mine would. We did not know how much Chris' life was about to change. Although, this just goes back to a line/song in one of my favorite movies, "Be Prepared to Be Surprised." Name that movie...answer below.
As you can see by the pictures, it wasn't a total girls event. Jerry, Sue's husband, took their daughter out to lunch at Chuckie Cheese, near Crave. When Jerry came back to Crave with their little girl he had great news...he met Paul Molitor at Chuckie Cheese. Paul was there with his grandson. Apparently he couldn't get a flight out of MPLS to see the Twins play in New York that evening, so he decided to spend time with his grandson. What a treat for Jerry!
*For those of you who are curious, this is not the CRAVE restaurant that Top Chef Dave Martin works at.
Name that Movie Answer: Dan in Real Life
No comments:
Post a Comment