- finish my graduate class (actually I am currently procrastinating on practicing my presentation that I have to give tonight),
- take care of a new baby, a son in college, and two teenagers
- reorganize my office and our storage room
- maintain a clean house (yeah right...anything but!)
- write thank yous to everybody for all the wonderful baby gifts (and even adult gifts) that we have received
- plan a 20th anniversary trip
- lose the remaining weight that my adorable baby girl helped me gain
- finish making the quilt I started for Drew over a year ago
- journal nightly
want to learn how to do something new or take on a challenging project?
I find myself craving some exciting new challenge, despite or maybe because of the list above. I would also like to blog about this new challenge in order to keep me accountable (not unlike Julie in Julie and Julia...by the way, I think the movie was actually better than the book!)
So, as I am searching for my new challenge. Here are some of my thoughts:
- Cake decorating (the November class for cake decorating is full, so that is something that would have to be put on hold.)
- Learn how to play the guitar (attempt #2) using only the internet as a resource (that's the challenging part)
- Learn how to be an awesome investor (this doesn't sound very interesting to me in the short-term, although I'd love the long-term results)
- Try to do something such as eat only food that comes from a 50 mile radius for a year, or avoid all fast food restaurants for a year, or eat out only once a month, or something like that (I have to admit that the "Avoid Something" challenge is not all that motivating to me, but actually may be the one that is the most challenging.)
- prepare for a physical challenge such as the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk (in honor of Chris & Amy) or the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure
Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment