Our laptop started acting up about 4 months ago. It was just over a year old, and apparently had enough of the Hartberg family. It still would work, but it would shut down on you after 2-10 minutes of use. I have a slight temper, and this would send me into fits. Many times I felt like throwing it. My self-prescribed anger management solution was to not use it. We got around it by using our Blackberries, iTouches, and going to the library when we needed to print information, but it was not an ideal solution. So, after consulting my local computer guru (thanks Jordan!) I decided to purchase a desktop. Gone are the days of hauling a laptop around our house. The desktop has way more power, speed, and memory, so this is how it's going to be in our house. Although we have an office (and soon an extra bedroom), I decided to place it in the kitchen. Our family tends not to use things that are stuffed away in seldom used rooms. Now that I have tools at my hands again, I can upload the video of the kids dancing to Single Ladies and update everyone on my sister and mom. Krista and Mom are doing well! I just spent the Fourth of July weekend with Krista and her kids and she was back to normal, although she did pull the Lifesaver thing out a couple of times. I think I'm going to counteract her Lifesaver status with my Lifegiving status. Although I guess I can only use that for a limited time (less than 8 weeks and counting!). Mom is doing well according to her reports and those of my siblings. They continue to tell me that they can't believe how fantastic she looks. I would like to say that I always thought she looked fantastic. How's that for bonus points mom? However, I think what my brother and sisters mean is that she looks like she has lots of energy. I am going to try and put the video on of the kids before leaving for Drew's baseball game. Then I will update with photos from the Fourth and other things. Here is the Saturday Night Live version, followed by MDR's attempt.
Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't get MDR version - can't wait to see it!!
Karen
Anne - I work at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee and was directed to your blog. We really appreciate all of the nice things you have said about us.
I am particularly interested in what you said about our Healing Garden. A reporter is doing a story on our Healing Garden and wanted a patient's perspective. Do you think that you and your family would be willing to talk with the reporter? This is for a gardening website.
Please drop me a note.
Adam Beeson
adam.beeson@aurora.org
414-649-3915
Anne, this MDR single ladies version is private! Send it to me via email so I can check it out! :)
Post a Comment