
Drew arrived in New Orleans yesterday for the ELCA National Youth Gathering, entitled Jesus, Justice, and Jazz. He has texted several times and even called from the top of the St. Louis Arch. I'm sharing some of his texts below for grandparents and aunts and uncles who would like to keep up on his trip:
July 21 1:26 p.m.
Drew: In peoria, illinois half way to st. Louis
Me: Going well?
Drew: Ya its fine
July 22 7:55 a.m.
Drew: At mcdonalds in golfport mississippi, we drove through brett favres town this morning at 6.....And i woke up every 2 hours and went to sleep at midnight.....
July 22 11:06 a.m.
Drew: Ok so u know how we were swimming in the gulf.....There was jellyfish in the water and almost everyone that went in got stung...I got it on the foot and on the arm...i.m alright though they went and bought vinegar and stuff to heal it and i.m find now.
July 22 2:19 p.m.
Me: Yikes! Are you ok? How did they know to put vinegar on you?
Drew: Mrs. Bohr....Science teacher and ya i.m fine.
Me: Smart to have a science teacher with you! How bad did it hurt?
Drew: It stung pretty bad..... 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.
Me: Where are you now?
Drew: Hotel room about to go eat
Me: Oh! So you are in new Orleans. I'm so excited for you!
Drew: Haha ya we got in 2 hours ago
July 22 7:33
Me: Did you just text? My phone said that you did but that it could not retrieve the message content.
Drew: Ya i did
Me: Was it a picture? It said it was a large file. Can you try to send it again?
Drew: I just did (He sent a picture of the stage at the SuperDome. See image above.)
Me: Just got it. Wow it looks so cool. I wish I could be there.
Me: What did you have for supper?
Drew: A burger and fries with a lot of lettuce on it
Me: Are you kidding me? No gumbo? no po'boys? No muffalettas? No jambalaya? You're in new Orleans! Eat local food! Be like Emeril! Having fun?
Drew: I will i just wanted to have one last bad meal so I dont completely forget it lol
Me: Ok. maybe try one new thing a day. Crawfish kinda taste like shrimp, except not quite so shrimpy. Those are good! Make sure you get a beignet.
Drew: The speaker just said that.
At which point I realize he is texting me during the opening ceremony and I stop texting. He follows up with this though:
Drew: I gotta go i'll ttyl
No comments:
Post a Comment