I made a trail mix for Michael tonight. It took less than 30 seconds to pick up the ingredients in the baking aisle, and about 30 seconds to put together. (Note: If you live in a big city, it will take you more than 30 seconds to find these ingredients in your supermarket aisle. We have a small grocery store that isn't even open on Sundays.)
I found the recipe in this month's O Magazine and thought I'd share it because every ingredient can be kept in your pantry. It's a great last minute snack.
Here it is:
Combine 2 cups of salted roasted cashews, 2 cups unsweetened coconut chips, 1 bag (10ounces) peanut butter chips, and 2 cups of raisins. Makes about 2 cups.
I substituted chocolate chips for the raisins. David and my sister Krista, who is visiting this weekend, think craisins would be great instead of raisins.
O Magazine recommends packing it up and giving it as a Quick, No-Cook Food Gift. Krista and I recommend eating it yourself. (Yes, it was for Michael, we had to taste test it though. You can't let your kids eat gross food!)
Happy Snacking!
Anne
Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds great!!! Happy birthday by the way!!!!! Hope you had a great day! I got to see Megan today - you will have to ask her about lining up all my kids for strep tests!!! LOL! It was funny in a twisted way! Poor Kiley was the reason we went in and without even doing the test, we all knew that she had it. Alex came back positive though the other kids still tested negative on the quick test. Thank goodness for a wise pediatrician who decided to just treat all the kids because they would all come down with it soon anyway! Saves me several trips back and forth and possibly missing Thanksgiving with my brother and his family!!!! My doctor decided to just prescribe antibiotics for Steve and I, sight unseen, which is good because my throat hurts like the dickens! I am guessing it would be positive too. So, the pharmacy is sick of us! Megan's face was so funny when I had to bring everyone back to be swabbed. I was explaining to the kids that she was my friend Anne's baby sister, and then looked at her and said that she was probably sick of being called Anne's little sister. She just laughed. Well, off to bed! What a way to get a day off - five kids with strep! Know anyone who wants to trade? LOL! Doubt it!
Post a Comment