Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cadet Wins, Garden's End, Class @ ISU

Our Cadets won again this week. It was an exciting game. Highlights (including a beautiful catch by Marshall Hartberg...aka Michael) can be found by following this link: http://www.kwwl.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2963153&h1=Crestwood%20vs.%20New%20Hampton&vt1=v&at1=Sport%20-%20High%20School-Football&d1=213400&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=9263555Football&d1=213400&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=9263555
We have called Michael, Marshall all weekend long.

The 8th Grade Football Team and the 7th Grade Volleyball Teams also won. Busy, but fun!

I've picked the last of my potatoes today. I let out a great big scream while I was digging them up. Somehow, someway, there was a big huge frog burrowed deep in potato-land. Not sure why, but it sure grossed me out...good thing I didn't murder it with my my garden tool, which is a child's garden tool. Somehow I lost my garden tools in the move, and all I can find is this plastic hoe type thing. I intended on searching out my real garden tools, or buying some, but I never got to it.

Anyway...I'm going to spend the day cooking. I've decided I'm going to skip going into school this weekend, and work on Drew's quilt, cook up some homemade Ragu, and potato soup and bake some pumpkin scones and oatmeal molasses rolls. I was at Iowa State this yesterday in class, so it's not like I'm being a total slacker AND I'll pay for not going in all week. But at least I'll get a day at home doing things I've wanted to do for awhile.

David agreed that we can put a Obama sign in our front lawn, so I'm going to run to our neighbor's house next door and ask where they got theirs.

Next week's blog highlights will include my brother's booyah party and our tailgating party/40th birthday party for David.

Until then,

Go Cadets! Go Badgers! Go Packers! Go Brewers!

No comments:

Family and Friends Slide Show