Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Music Blast from the Past

I came across The official "New Wave Sissy Boy 80s Hits You Were Afraid To Admit You Liked In High School" playlist today, and I have to admit that looking at the list caused a wave of nostalgia (not nausea).
Check out the following link for the full list.
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/yradish/4960/the-official-new-wave-sissy-boy-80s-hits-you-were-afraid-to-admit-you-liked-in-high-school-playlist

Some I remembered fondly:
Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
No One Is To Blame - Howard Jones
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
Careless Whisper - Wham!
Hold Me Now - The Thompson Twins
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock Of Seagulls
Promises, Promises - Naked Eyes
West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys
Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats

C'mon, admit it...you'll be downloading some of these songs to your ipod after reading the list. Howard Jones & Cyndi Lauper are calling my name.

There is also a list of the Cheesiest Love Songs. I had to check it out. You can too at:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/yradish/2693;_ylt=As52_qmiidvXMIr9YkatgELRwSUv

Some of the ones that made me smile (or laugh):

Suddenly - Billy Ocean
(Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
Tonight, I Celebrate My Love - Peabo Bryson
Islands In The Stream - Dolly Parton
I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John
Almost Paradise - Ann Wilson & Mike Reno
I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
The Lady In Red - Chris De Burgh
Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross
Faithfully - Journey

My next entry....a picture of David in a bunny suit! He's dressing up as the Easter Bunny for the hospital's Easter Egg hunt. He's rather cute as an Easter Bunny!

Until next time...

No comments:

Family and Friends Slide Show