There is so much going on in the Hartberg House! Here is a short description of our news.
1. Beginning Thursday, I will be working full-time at Luther College in the Music Department. I am very excited! Who wouldn't be? Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the web page, select your method of listening and listen to a sample of what the people in Luther's music department can do!
2. The resort we will be staying at in the San Diego area did not burn down! The exact words on their website are: RIVIERA OAKS SUSTAINED ONLY MINOR FIRE DAMAGE, BUT HAS MUCH IN THE WAY OF CLEAN-UP LEFT TO DO. It looks like we will be able to go after all. David thinks I'm on a mission to see natural disaster areas first hand this year. New Orleans last March and San Diego this November.
3. We had visitors this weekend! Ryan, Christy, and the kids took the drive over. It was great to see them! Those kids are growing up way too fast though!
4. High School football season is officially over. Our team beat New Hampton and ended the season 4-5. Not too bad. The game started out with a bang when number 21 on our team ran the kickoff back for a touchdown. We have our very own Devin Hester right here in NE Iowa! I taped and tried my hand at editing the video this morning (not that I don't have a billion other things to be doing right now!). You can see the results right here on this blog! The first clip is an incomplete pass to Michael (#84)...next year we'll get a completed pass on the blog. The second clip is nephew Ethan and bil Ryan cheering for the Cadets, and the final clip is #84 getting ready to hear the post game speech. What a smile! Anyway, as far as the video editing goes I will get better at this and more creative. It's just practice on a little itty bit of available time right now.
Speaking of football, I must give my handsome and talented husband some kudos here. We are playing each other in fantasy football this week. David (2-5) looks like he is going to beat me and thus end my winning record. I don't think Tony Scheffler of the Denver Broncos can score 33 points tonight to save me. Many of my great players had byes, but San Diego's defense, who I picked up Friday afternoon, really came through to at least give me some hope throughout the day. Well, 4-4 is still a respectable record. I just hope the downward spiral doesn't continue.
5. My stack of books next to my bedside table is growing, and it seems that I have no time to read. When I do, I have to read the book for my class, which is good, but a little too dry to read before bed, so I always fall asleep.
6. I'm making progress on my quilt project. I just have to applique the flowers, quilt, and bind. I need to finish it soon, because I've joined a quilting club called Jo's Little Women. They meet one Saturday a month for about five hours. Should be fun.
7. I've contacted someone about teaching English in China in the summer of 2008. I really hope we can make it work. Thanks Steve for getting me the contact information. I hope I am able to have as valuable of an experience as you did!
That's about it for now! Better get running!
Anne
Mostly Musings About Food, Family, and Books
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment